The flexibility in design permitted by the use of cast concrete and reinforced concrete, its comparative cost effect and corrosion resistant properties make it an ideal material for use in a range of subsea construction aids and applications.
Here are some of the special products we have provided to our clients: -
- Stabilisation Weights – for retaining umbilical cables and other assets when concrete mattresses are not ablebe applied.
- Pipelay Counteracts - for pipeline ‘snake-lay’ operations
- Weight Collars – for adding additional weight to pipelines or spools or to repair/replace damaged weigh coat.
- Gravity Anchors – for use in confined spaces where traditional anchors are not permitted.
- Artificial Reef Units – to replace or establish reefs and promote marine life
SPS can manufacture these to its standard designs, clients own designs or can work with clients to develop and design a system for a particular application. As for all SPS products, due consideration is given to all of the issues around handling, installation and certification.